Part of the 47 acre Brisco estate (or earlier), the ponds comprise a woodland stream, with a series of upper and lower ponds. Years of neglect had silted up almost all of the ponds, and rotted control weirs allowed the ponds to dry out in summer. The ponds were choked with rubbish, litter and debris, and a fragile pond construction (puddled clay) needed major repairs. The project was triggered by Greenway funding (SRB) and the bequest of Miss Vera Elfreda Diana Hendley 1918 -2000, and a contribution by the Environment Agency. HBC and ESCC stafff time was counted as matching funding. Additional work was by BTCV and a Greenspace Project was funded by the Council and a Biffaward.